Sunday, May 17, 2015

A Special Birthday

Yesterday, Lynda and I attended a special birthday party for a special lady. We first met Inez in Odessa, Texas over fifty years ago. Lynda met her first when she began teaching in 1959. She and Inez taught in adjacent rooms at John Ireland Elementary and Lynda has always said that Inez is the one who taught her how to teach.

Lynda and I left Odessa in 1969 in order for me to go to graduate school, and in fact it was at Inez's house that we spent the night after loading the truck for our move to Austin.

Through the years we have kept up and visited with Inez several times. She now lives in Austin after selling her Odessa home and moving to be near her son, Matt.

While Lynda and I were visiting Inez at Easter, she told us her sons, Steve and Matt, were planning a 90th birthday party for her. It was then that I knew we would be back to celebrate.


No comments: